How to make a fantasy makeup
At misterhow we show you how to make a fantasy makeup that you can use for a fairy costume or something similar.
Fantasy makeup is very special because you can use your imagination and creativity. With this type of makeup you can exaggerate the traits of you face. Fantasy makeup does not have a meaning, but it allows various styles, depending on what you want to reflect.
It is a makeup that is used in carnivals, theatre plays and costume parties.
You can make this makeup with your daily use cosmetics. If you want a more elaborate makeup, you can buy makeup that is used in the theatre plays. Also you can use any additional accessory, for example some fantasy eyelashes.
Fantasy makeup, or artistic makeup, is used in children’s parties. Also it is an option for adults who attend a costume party or celebrate Carnival.
What do you need for How to make a fantasy makeup?
- Moisturizer cream
- Base of a tone more clear that the of the skin where you will make the makeup
- Shadow White illuminating
- Colors eyeshadow
- Light pink lipstick
- Black eye pencil
- White eye pencil
- mascara (recommended blue)
- Adhesives for makeup
- Glitter for the face
Instructions for How to make a fantasy makeup
- Apply a moisturizer cream on the face and the whole area where you go to makeup. For example in the neck.
- Use a concealer for dark circles to hide small blemishes and dark circles.
- Extend a makeup base through the area where you’ve applied moisturizer. The base has to be clearer that the tone of your skin.
- With a black eye pencil, you outline the eyes, both below and above. At the bottom make it inside and in the top out.
- Apply a shadow white illuminating all eyelid, both the upper and the mobile eyelid.
- Apply a green eye shadow on the eyelid, from inside and outside.
- Apply a blue green eye shadow in the middle of the upper eyelid and the eyelid. It must be well diffused from the tear to the outside of the upper eyelid.
- Choose a clear color and you light with it the upper eyelid. This will bring light to your eyes.
- Get a pink line on the cheekbones with a bit of Rouge. Blend making circular movements.
- To the lips use a pale pink lipstick.
- Then use a lip gloss to make your mouth more beautiful.
- Apply mascara on the eyelashes. Also you can get a few false eyelashes to give more volume. Is recommended to make it whit blue color.
- Use glitter to your makeup.
- Use stickers to makeup, for example a stars stickers.
- You can draw shapes with a brush or black and white pencil. Use your creativity. For example, you can paint one side of the face or the 2 sides. If you decide to paint the 2 sides is not necessary that it are equal. Decorate you face with arabesques and paint your face with different colors. The most recommended is to play with the colors used in the eyes. It takes also glitter.
Tips for How to make a fantasy makeup
- You can paint all the body.
- You can use a lip gloss to adhere the glitter to the mouth. Take a little it and then take the glitter over.
- The accessories that you can include in your makeup are: glitter, feathers, small stones of colors, plastic nose and ears, or other material if you want to seem a Goblin.
- Products for makeup are made with water or oil based. To makeup the children is preferable that you use the water makeup.
- If you have oily skin, use products that help control the oil skin before apply your makeup.
- You use a fixative makeup for a longer result.
- You can find photographs of fantasy makeup to inspire you to make your own design.
- Remember that fantasy makeup is a style to represent many characters. You have lots of possibilities to make your own fantasy makeup. This is only a guide that you can follow.