How to celebrate the international´s woman day
The international women’s day is a party that celebrates every year on March 8. This is a very important day because in this day we commemorates the women fight for their involvement in the society as an active part, in equality with men. The first celebration of the international women’s day dates back to the year 1911. That first time the celebration took place the day 19 of March and not the 8 as are used today. Was in 1975 when the woman´s day was declared International by the UN. Only two years after, the definition of the woman ´s day began to be the next: day international by the rights of the woman and the peace international. Althought women’s day already has a great antiquity the inequality between men and women is still evident in most of the countries of the world.
Some people wonder why it is necessary to celebrate the international women’s day. These people forget that the history of the woman always has been linked to violence. Until a few decades ago in our country a woman could not study, abort, work on most of the works or have legal right on herself. Although today the scene has become radically in our country millions of women are still suffering this situation in all the world.
For this reason there are many people who believe that the international women’s day should not be a celebration day but of awareness. Perhaps one day the situation of women change in the world and can be celebrate, but until, we must continue working to achieve this change. If you want to know how to celebrate the international women’s day, you read the next pos. Then we offer you a few ideas.
What do you need for How to celebrate the international´s woman day?
Instructions for How to celebrate the international´s woman day
- Remember that the objective of the international women’s day is to educate people about the problems of the women around the world. For this reason it is important that during the celebration of this day people carry out actions to remember the work of women around the world.
- Video and film sessions: displays movies that shows the real situation of women. All the work carried out and for which many times is not paid.
- Reading sessions: there are thousands of books that reflect the women situation. Today the variety of readings is such that you can find books that suit any age. We must show equal to younger children and girls. To grow as responsible and aware adults.
- Organize a Theatre production. The schools usually celebrate this dates with enough enthusiasm. Organize a small Theatre production will allow that those children is imply and is fun in the celebration of this day. It is ideal to perform a production that turn around the role of women and their contribution to history.
- Honoring feminism: feminism is one of the most unknown social movements. Most people think that it is the same as the machismo but from the perspective of women. This is a serious error. Feminism fights for equality and thanks to feminism women achieved in many countries the same legal rights as men.
Tips for How to celebrate the international´s woman day
- Here you can learn how Mother´s day is celebrated in Spain.
- Remember that the international women’s day is only one day a year. However what this day represents should be remembered during all the year. The women situation not changes of the day to it tomorrow and need of an effort and work constant from everyone and of all.